Monday 15 August 2011

Barber State

There are not many barber shops these days its all hair dressers. I don't want my hair dressing I want it cut and I want the banter with it. The early events of the week dominated the three chairs, I chose to listen and comment rather than drive the conversation, there was one line here and that was the hard one against the those that caused the damaged, what had united even the kids against their own. The following day I sit at my desk streaming news to my ipod and see the police kicking in doors and dragging kids out, when the day before they stood and watched. That's a second hand comment from my son who was working in London and saw some of the events first hand. We go from a passive voyeur state to an Orwellian one in less than 24 hours

No comments: