Wednesday 3 August 2011

Dressed to the nines


late home but time to ride before wednesday club opens, usual route and at quart to seven I'm splitting lanes on the a38, as I stop at the lights a lamby pulls, guys about my age, dressed to the nines, I'm in my scruffs oily hands from adjusting the chain, nods and respect given, 50 years ago it would have been a different ending, straight out of a B movie.

WDC and Mr Gear*head fitting the proto ignition system to the triumph, next week with luck it will be running again, we're not bothered its a focal point, rest of the boys are listening to Gordie giving tales of thrashing(corn) with a steam driven engine up on Johno's farm. Oh yeah and the Japanese girl with the kunck, well me and her split lanes when it gets dark, she always in front just out of sight but the roar of her engine keeps me going........

No comments: